About Sri Prasanna Veeranjaneya Yoga Kendra
Ours, a Unique and Model Yoga Kendra
- Placed on the serene altar blessed and surrounded with rare greenery and divinity – insulated from metropolis disturbance.
- Truly secular with people from all religion, gender, tradition, languages, culture, ethnic, age group, vocation, social status.
- A comity of enlightened yet simple souls, abundance in sharing and caring.
- Revered each other with respect, dignity, value, forbearance, tolerance, social harmony, mutual trust, compassion and above all, love.
- Overwhelmingly democratic, friends-first approach, young-at-heart, no boss, much less servants.
- Committed group, disciplinarians with passion to learn.
- Self Help Group; Co-operative in its true Movement.
- Reflects Gurukula – in terms of virtuous bonding relationship between Guru and Shishyas – goes beyond being a place of teaching and learning.
- Equality and balance between experienced and new thought, blend of wisdom, youth, energy and brilliance.
- We also teach Yoga and adopt Yoga as a way of life.
Our Yoga Kendra
We commenced our yoga class in a humble way during 1995 with 5 students and in a thatched construction. Ever since then, we have come a long way to be known today as a well organized and recognized Yoga Kendra in northern part of Bangalore. Our present yoga Kendra is spacious, ventilated and is placed on elevated platform amidst serene and green atmosphere. We have senior and experienced instructors and we are equipped with required tools, teaching aids and library. We have so far taught and trained more than 2000 students. Ours is a self-help group, non-profit, democratic yet informal organization. We adopt Sage Patanjali Maharshi’s Astanga Yoga and extensively follow Yogacharya BKS Iyengar’s way of teaching.
- Practice Yoga, Suryanamaskaara, Pranayaama, Mudra and Meditation.
- Spend time with and give financial help to inmates of old-age homes, orphanage, mentally challenged children and poor students; Contribute our mite to our Army/Jawan funds.
- Arrange blood donation camps; propagate and create awareness on the importance of donation of eye and other parts of body; we also help propagate stem cell donation.
- Learn alternate and holistic medicine such as Pranic Healing, Naturopathy and Reiki.
- Arrange lectures and demonstrations from eminent people in different walks of life on various topics.
- Propagate and inculcate sense of national pride and culture among public and in particular students, and youth.
- Arrange students’ workshops on study skills and training on examination preparation/career counseling.
- Visit to meditation and learning centres such as Pyramid Valley in Bangalore, Prashanthi Kutiram, the Yoga University in Jigani near Bangalore.
- Participation in cultural programs/competitions arranged by reputed organizations such as Ramana Maharshi Institute of Learning, Rajini Kalakendra.
- Participation in many District, State and National Level Yoga Competitions.
- Educational Excursions and exploratory expeditions.
Meet our Teachers
After having served for 45 years both in Government and Corporate Sector he retired as VP Finance and Secretary at Easun Reyrolle Limited, a listed Company. He has extensively travelled both in India and overseas on business. Presently he is practising as a Company Secretary.
His association with social organizations – 1) Secretary of GRICP (Government Diploma College) Alumni Association. 2) Treasurer, MKL Balaga (NGO), an NGO helping students and involved in community activities. 3) Involved in activities of ICSI (Institute of Company Secretaries of India) of Bangalore Chapter. 4) Coaching and training students in Yoga for about 15 years; also won prizes at national and state level yoga championships.
As his hobbies, Nagesh is learning Veena instrument; maintains good garden. He has donated blood on more than 45 occasions.
He is engaged in business as Managing Director of Om Vijayalakshmi Chits Pvt Ltd and Vijayalakshmi Financiers (since 30 years). He has been serving as Director of Vasavi Credit Co-operative Society Karnataka Chitsters Association.
He is the General Secretary of Akhila Karnataka Financiers Association (since 2008), after serving the same Association as Treasurer for 12 years (1998-2007). Won many prizes at State and National Level Yoga Competitions
As a part of his social and religious activities Mr Prasanna is serving for more than 2 decades at Sri Vasavi Temple, and Vasavi Seva Samithi at Mahalaxmipuram, Bangalore.
An entrepreneur and businessman, he is the Partner of M/s Chempharm Industrial Vessels, Peenya, Bangalore manufacturing sophisticated Process Equipment; employing 25 people.
He has been practising and teaching Yoga for over 12 years. Reading, Photography are his hobbies. Mr Rajan is keen in the study/exploration of nature, its conservation and preservation as well as the development of Science and technology.
He is Wholesale Rice Merchant at RMC Yard, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore. He was fortunate to learn Yoga under the tutelage of Yogaacharya Sri B K S Iyengar at Rashtrothana Sharirika Shikshana Kendra.
With the blessings of Guruji Sri Gopinath, he has been teaching Yoga for over eight years including giving coaching at Yoga Chethana Kendra, Gayathrinagar since three years. Participated at many National and State Level Yoga Championships and won prizes. Being a philanthropist he is interested in social work.