Come Join us in the Blood Donation Camp which will be held at Sri Prasanna Veeranjaneya Yoga Kendra on 27th this month (27-02-2022) between 9:30AM and 3:00PM.
Five Reasons Why You Should Donate Blood
- Development of new red blood cells:
- Within the first 48 hours of blood donation, the donor’s body starts replenishing the lost red blood cells. The replenishment process helps in staying healthy and productive at work.
- Reducing risk of heart disease:
- As per several studies and reports, when there is a rise in the iron level in blood, it raises the chances of heart diseases. People should donate blood from time to time in order to reduce the iron level in the blood.
- Burns calories:
- Donating blood can burn approximately 650 calories for each pint that is like 450 ml of blood.
- Free blood test:
- On donating blood, the donor receives a free mini health screening and blood tests.
- How often can one donate blood?
- The minimum time advised between two donations is 3 months. This gap helps blood regain the normal haemoglobin count.
Who can donate blood
- The age of the donor must be above 18 years and below 65 years of age.
- He/she must have a haemoglobin count that is not less than 12.5 g/dl.
- The Weigh should not less than 45 kgs.
- One should have a normal body temperature at the time of donation.
Give a Reply